Why the Sabena Aeroclub?
If you are a professional pilot interested in the SEP(L) course to keep your flying skills sharp while looking for a job, we understand your needs and expectations. We will couple you with experienced airline pilot flight instructors and train you with a flow & checklist style system as used in the airlines.
As the Sabena Aeroclub is a non-profit organization, we don’t seek to make money from you. Our main goal is to promote flying and to offer high quality training in an affordable way.
We offer the possibility to obtain you SEP(L) on three models of single engine piston aircraft: one Cessna 152, two Diamond 20's and two Piper Archers. This will allow you to do your training on aircraft you are possibly already familiar with.
After you have obtained your SEP(L) you can continue to fly with the club aircraft, just for fun or to keep yourself sharp and prepare for a simulator assessment. All of this in an affordable way.
- VMC Airwork
- VFR En-Route Procedures
- Arrival and Landings
- Abnormal and Emergency Procedures
depending on time elapsed since the expiry of the rating
- Less than 3 months: no additional training required.
- From 3 months to 1 year: a minimum of 2 training sessions.
- From 1 to 3 years: a minimum of 3 training sessions in which most important malfunctions of the available aircraft systems are covered.
- More than 3 years: the entire SEP(L) training course.